A well-drafted and considered employment contract provides clarity from the beginning of the employment relationship and can assist with managing employees and minimising workplace disputes.
Employment agreements should be tailored to reflect your organisation’s brand and in a format that can be populated for multiple uses – you should not need a new contract each time you hire. We streamline the process of hiring and securing staff through our user-friendly, easily populated templates.
We offer a comprehensive employment contract package for employers who want to be confident that their agreements comply with the relevant legislation and employment standards, and are customisable to include:
- duties and accountabilities, including reporting lines;
- remuneration and overtime arrangements;
- leave entitlements and superannuation;
- probationary periods and disciplinary procedures;
- termination and notice requirements;
- performance appraisals and wage reviews;
- reimbursement for travel and other expenses;
- ongoing training and professional development;
- effective restraint of trade and confidentiality provisions to protect against the misuse of valuable information and intellectual property;
- conflicts of interest provisions;
- workplace surveillance and privacy; and
- work health and safety.
Employment contracts can be tailored for full-time, part-time, fixed-term, casual employees, and even independent contractors.
Why choose a DKL contract package?
Unlike other templates, we cater yours to your business, to make sure it works for you. We also provide comprehensive training, so when your employees ask questions, you already know the answers.
Our contracts package has 4 easy steps:
- Submit an enquiry or call the team.
- Book in a Contracts Consultation with the legal team so we can learn more about your business needs and provide a personalised recommendation on next steps.
- We draft your customised contract templates.
- Our legal team walks you through the templates, line by line, so you feel confident issuing it to your staff.
If you’ve already got a contract and want to check whether it is up to standard, we also offer a ‘red-flag’ review service, where we walk through your existing documents and let you know where improvements can be made.
We can also advise on whether certain work arrangements constitute an independent contractual relationship or an employer/employee relationship. This is an important consideration for employers who must be careful to avoid breaching ‘sham provisions’ by misrepresenting an employment relationship as contracting.
Various factors must be considered when determining the difference between an employee and an independent contractor, and each case must be assessed in light of the relevant circumstances.
If you have an independent working arrangement with an organisation, or have been asked to work as a contractor, we can provide advice to ensure compliance and avoid the risks associated with breaches.
Can DKL help me?
If you are negotiating an employment contract, whether as an employee or employer, it is important to ensure your arrangements are documented in a compliant written agreement with essential terms you understand. Our highly experienced employment lawyers will work alongside you to achieve a successful outcome with your employment contract.
Call us on +61 (2) 9233 5669, email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a webform to speak to one of our onboarding team about how we can help you with all your contract needs.